Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Breaking the Silence

I apologize for the long and utter silence. I have not posted since my friend Mary got married, even though I've been meaning to. I've just been... well, busy. Kind of. I've been doing things I've wanted to do, basically. Still working on structuring my life well enough that I am as productive as possible, but I'm doing better (I think) than I did last summer. At the very least, I'm writing more. Not hitting my goals yet, though, and not fast enough to be truly ready for World Fantasy this year unless I pick up the pace significantly.

I could make a super long post of catching up on all the important things that have happened over the past month (this would not be at all contrary with my previous posts), but I'd rather use my time more productively. Sorry, folks. Or you're welcome, to anyone who would have read the whole thing despite their better instincts. However, I do promise that I will update more frequently from now on. At least once a week. Er, that's the goal, at least.

OK, one paragraph summary. Got to take pictures for Mary's wedding and stayed with her family. They are really cool people and I enjoyed my time there. I slept in the treehouse two of the three nights I was there. CONduit was also enjoyable and I was happy to spend some time with a lot of the people I first got to know at World Fantasy. Seriously, writers are generally just cool people. Other than that, Rise of the Colos is the only truly important thing going on right now. As I've gotten back into that world, I have fallen in love with it once again. I just hope I can convey this story well and pull off everything I have planned for it, which I will admit is fairly ambitious. As I like to keep an air of mystery regarding the plot for anyone who might read it, I will only say that my
writing group's reactions to the characters have generally been the desired ones. This weekend I went cloud-chasing with my friend Erin, and we hiked up into the clouds dancing upon the mountains. It was most glorious. And very muddy. Finally, as of Sunday, I am uncle to this little guy here. His name is Candon.

0 repartees & comentarios:

Post a Comment