I am finally on my own two feet again. As anyone who actually reads this blog probably knows, I've been half-broke for the past year and change. I went to Europe for a month knowing that I'd be coming back to no job and no real income. This became really scary when that trip ended up costing about a thousand dollars more than I had expected. One of the worst aspects was that I am really bad at job hunting. I mean really bad. Thus began my life as a hobo, though really it was more of a squatter situation. For this post, I really just want to throw some shouts out to the people who helped me over the past year.
Brian Bean, Brian Zundel, Dallin Regehr, and Nick Green were extremely generous giving me a place to stay in my old ward at Carriage Cove. I enjoyed camping out in your living room with all my stuff crammed in my car.
Aaron Petterborg put me up for the next few months, giving me a place I could more easily think of as home even though I was still just camping out in the living room. You refused to take the little bit of rent money I could offer, so I'm glad I was at least able to help ensure you got to work on time while you were going through the early twitterpation stage of your relationship with your eternal companion.
When it came time for me to vamoose to make way for more important people in the apartment, Cavan Helps gave me a place to stay for a paltry rent. I was finally out of the living room, namely because we actually did things there. Still camping. I miss the globe-hopping road trips with Rosz, since we were both unemployed. It was a good set up, but alas not to remain long as the landlord was renting the place out contrary to stupid zoning ordinances and we were evicted shortly thereafter. At least I had a place to stay until summer.
In May, Sam Hunt helped me get a job at Wasatch Mental Health after I had gone a full year unemployed. I expected to be there only a couple of months—through the end of summer at most—but stayed on for half a year. As much as I made fun of it (I mean, I was driving a van with the power of a bachelor's degree after all), I actually did find I enjoyed it and the people I worked with.
Thank you all for your assistance over the past year. I couldn't have made it through without such good friends, and I am extremely grateful to have been so blessed.
Most of all, I want to give especial thanks to Bill and Mariah Petrosino. This entire time they held onto the greater part of my belongings for me. When I was unsure of whether or not I should remain in Utah or move on to new adventures, they gave me a place to stay. Bill was the catalyst in me finally getting gainful employment so that I could set off on my own again. I could not ask for better friends than these. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
0 repartees & comentarios:
Post a Comment