Wednesday, 10 February 2010

Updates on All the Haps

A week later and Cambridge is still in the air. I talked to Dr. Kerry, and apparently there will be a $1000 grant to all the students accepted into the Cambridge program, plus some other possible monies that I might be able to take advantage of. This is heartening news, though I'm still not sure if I'll manage to get enough funding for me to feel comfortable about it. Or at least have prospects of funding and some sort of confirmation from the Spirit that this is the best thing for me to be doing.

I do have some doubts on that matter. I really want to be done with school. I really do. Going to Cambridge isn't exactly shortening my time in school, now is it? It will also make me have to re-establish myself when I come back stateside. Blah blah blah, other reasons that will help justify me not going if it comes down to that, blah blah.

Writing is, well, not coming along lately. The usual demon of schoolwork has taken its toll this past week in which the only thing I've done is work a tiny bit on one section of a chapter. And really all I did there was delete a large paragraph that I never liked because it simply told about the character when I could easily and effectively show all the information in that paragraph. I didn't even write the replacement paragraphs because by that point it was 2 a.m. and I had school in the morning. Really, the most I've done lately is fleshed out the religious aspect of Orennil (conveniently done mostly in my World Religions class). I now know more about the white people's religion than I ever intended there to even be. Of course, considering the role religion takes in Rise of the Colos, most of what I know won't ever show up in the book simply because it's not important except as part of the backdrop. The most irksome part is that I still need a name for the religion. Anywho, nowhere near my 1000 words per day aspirations at this point.

School also decided to throw me a curve ball this week, which did not help the above scenario as it is the main reason I did not write anything yesterday. The tests in my religion classes this week were about as easy as expected. Huzzah. It was the Spanish Lit test today that had me worried and up studying till 2 a.m. last night, and then only going to bed so I'd be relatively fresh when I got up to study some more in the morning. I skipped the class I get paid to attend so that I could study more. Get to class, well, not confident, but certainly better prepared than I'd really expected. Turns out I somehow missed the professor telling us on Monday that he was pushing the test back a week.

It was one of those times where I really wasn't sure if I should cheer or curse.

Anywho, ceramics is coming along nicely. I will post pictures of my work in a couple of weeks when things are finished and graded.

I don't think there's anything else of any actual relevance right now. So that, my friends, are the haps.

0 repartees & comentarios:

Post a Comment