Sometimes there really is no time for meaningful updates, but just so everyone knows, I am still alive. School has sought to consume my soul, but so far I've managed to come out on top . . . I think. It's hard to believe the semester is almost over. I still have a lot to do. I now get to cram projects through a narrow window of time, unless of course I get my time machine working. Right now the dial is stuck at the speed of one second forward per second, and I haven't had time to fix it at all. I'm even going to skip the Festival of Colors this weekend unless I do remarkably well preparing my Spanish Lit paper tomorrow. Much sadness.
And by way of explanation for the uncharacteristic cussing in this post, I was recently directed to this quote from Mark Twain (who rises higher and higher on my list of quotable people the more I hear from him). He said, "Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very'; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be." That's some good advice. Maybe my editor will go through this post for me later. UPDATE: All spurious uses have been removed.
0 repartees & comentarios:
Post a Comment