Thursday, 9 September 2010

It's Coming

I've put off blogging for a while now, namely because I wanted to just post about the European Excursion all together. However, things haven't gone quite as planned. For one, I did not spend nearly as much time as I'd originally planned in Arizona. I was planning on making a trip home shortly after returning from Europe and posting all sorts of stuff then, but I had to return early for my grandmother's funeral. It was a lovely service for a lovely lady. We'll all miss you dearly, Nini.

I only got to spend a week in Arizona because I had to move my stuff out of two of the three places it was stored. (Shouts out to Erin, Cav, and Bill & Mariah, who are now all holding stuff for me.) Of course, now that I've gotten everything organized, I'm really not sure how I would have done it all without a vehicle in the first place. Special thanks to Mom & Dad for giving me Mom's old car.

Anywho, I am now a rogue and a vagabond. My two weeks of vagrancy in the UK served as sound preparation, though really I've just ended up staying at friends' places over the course of the past week. Not nearly as romantic and/or tough. Really, I should just get a tent and move into Rock Canyon. The job hunt has been going better than any of my former attempts at such. The position I'm hoping for most is a planning position with Provo City, so I could actually use my degree! Hopefully I hear from them again this coming week and get myself an interview. As for writing—you know, my true career aspirations—well, I'm trying to get back in the groove. I have been catching up on reading other people's work, and I did some minor editing on my most recent chapter (with notes for necessary revisions to other chapters), but so far I've allowed myself to be more distracted than anything. In my defense, much of that distraction has been directly related to getting work. But then there's things like this where I take time to write here. And now I'm going to go play Capture the Flag.

Goal for this month: develop some bloody discipline so I can finish Rise of the Colos already and move on to the next project! Goal: be ready to start another novel come January. Lofty, all things considered, but if Cavan can get 10k days, I bloody well can too! So if I disappear next week, nobody worry. Next post I promise will relate to the European Excursion. It's coming.

0 repartees & comentarios:

Post a Comment