Fourth week of the semester. Inevitably, this is where it gets busy. As usual, I've fallen behind on the reading for my classes. That's actually probably why this week is going to be busy. I don't think it's bad yet, but I really do need to catch up in the Spanish American lit class. I also have a load of papers to grade by Thursday. None of this is really a problem, except that this last semester, I am not giving up on writing. That, and I keep finding myself awake at 2 AM even though I have to wake up by 8:30 at the latest. Asà es la vida. On a happier note, my friend Mollifer is visiting this weekend, which is super exciting. Woot for good friends!
To meet my writing requirement, I've got to pump out a thousand words a day. This weekend, I worked on some major revisions of Chapter 1 of Rise of the Colos, but I didn't even finish those. Much less than 1000 words that day. I've got to crank things up. I have to learn to write even when under pressure to get other things done. This is the time. Writing is hard work, and it takes a lot of effort, but I love it.
1 repartees & comentarios:
Alex! I'm so honored that I was mentioned (and by my full name at that) in your blog! It was great seeing you. And I'm glad you got to meet Rex.
I keep forgetting to look at your blog because it always shows up at the bottom of my blog list. Boo. Fix this, please.
Also, I checked out Pavio's blog recently. Very nice job on the logo. It looks great!
Writing is hard work, but so fun. I wish I made the time to get back into it. At least I write in my journal fairly regularly...
Post a Comment